Candidate Counselors/Mentors Needed
- Do you want to learn more about masonry?
- Do you want to help someone with degree work ?
- Do you want to help someone else to become a better mason?
FAQ: What does a counselor do:
Each Candidate who petitions our Fraternity is entitled to an explanation of the history,purpose, operation, symbolism, philosophy, obligations, and ideals of Freemasonry. Providing this nformation is the function of the Lodge Education Officer and the Candidate Counselors.
On receipt of a Candidate’s contact information (name, address, phone number, email address), the Candidate Counselor should:
- Call and make arrangements to meet with the Candidate and his family at their home or the Lodge building, to view the Power Point presentation or flip chart and discuss On the Threshold Booklet.
- This is to be done prior to his receiving the Entered Apprentice Degree. This presentation is designed to be given to the Candidate in advance of the Degree; doing it afterwards defeats its purpose.
- Offer to take the Candidate to the Lodge on the night of his Degree, or meet him there at least one hour before the meeting starts so that he may meet other Brothers of the Lodge and remain with him during the entire evening to explain events that occur before and after the Degree.
- Present the Entered Apprentice Degree Booklet to him at the Altar in open Lodge after he Degree and make arrangements with him immediately after Lodge is closed to discuss the Entered Apprentice Degree Booklet on a date prior to receiving the Fellow Craft Degree.
- The same procedure as above should be followed for each Degree.
- Report the results of each Counseling Session to the Lodge Education Officer.